Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Word of the Week: P-words

I've always had a fascination with (a propensity for, if you will) P-words. P-words have such power. You'd be amazed there really is a P-word for every situation of life. If you're world is exactly the way you want it, why not say, "Life has rewarded me with propitious situations". Students or your man friend annoying you?  Maybe you're feeling a little perturbed or piqued. In love with someone? It could be just a brief girlish pash or it could be passion--the real deal. Here's a list of some of my favorites: pensive dreamily or wistfully thoughtful, pompous characterized by pomp, stately splendor, or magnificence, pontificating to express opinions or judgments in a dogmatic way, pedantic characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules, profligacy recklessly wasteful; wildly extravagant, prodigious extraordinary in size, amount, extent, degree, force. Try using a P-word in place of prosaic words, it really is quite pleasing.

Side Note: I took this from a post I made on 3.25.2008...I'd forgotten it even existed. From now on it will be only one word a week, but I couldn't help it...I prefer p-words so! Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...