Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Winter's Snow

A Winter's Snow
End of Winter

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
~ Corinthians II 5:17

          I can feel the end of another season fast approaching and I always feel a little melancholy when a season ends. Frankly, I can't put my finger on exactly why...I get used to the season and whatever joys and pains it brings is part of it I guess. Take winter, for instance, and our last snow storm, I got used to and took pleasure in traipsing about in my big 'for weather not for fashion' Ugg boots and my big coat and navigating out of the drive way. I took pleasure in it being too cold and snowy to do everyday things. But, now the world is back in full swing, calendars have been made and the snow is melted (except for the huge piles the plows make) and I'm a little sad.
          I tend to forget that God has something new planned for us in each season, and I should take joy in that. Taking joy in that means that I should not only love the season I am in (of course, this can be taken literal or metaphorical), but also seasons to come, He has a hand in it all.

2 comments:

  1. I love winter but the arrival of spring is always refreshing. I think we still have another month or so of winter here until spring truly arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've probably got an official month left, as well, however, it's been about 65-70 degrees for about a week...oh, the itch! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...