Thursday, April 14, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (Visual)

 
btt button

From Booking Through Thursday:


So...the books that you won (however many there may be)...do you display them proudly right there in plain sight for all the world to see? (At least the world that comes into your living room.)                              
Or do you keep them tucked away in your office or bedroom or library or closet or some place less "public"?
            I have too many books to hide them! Some are displayed in plain sight--you know those books that I have to see at all times must be where I can see them, some are in our extra room (I call the "Orange Room" because it has gorgeous autumny walls) because it has built in bookshelves...our house used to be owned by a family who home-schooled and this room was their classroom. I have books in my spare room. Lila's room is full of Lila books. Chris' manly car books live in a closet...I'm not sure he minds...um, there are also books (mostly Chris'--ie. financial books and books about the government, jokes and magic) on a shelf in the living room, there are books in a shelf in the hallway closet. I have this really long (covers a whole wall in my classroom) bookshelf full of books, books that I know my kids will love to read, but also books I know I won't mind if they get "lost" (it really does feel good when the children steal books). There are also built-in bookshelves in my classroom, they mostly hold textbooks, another shelf by desk, books in the journalism lab (journalism appropriate books) and there are two big baskets full of non-fiction books--I keep them separate so the students can easily find them. I suggest everyone have a classroom, so you can have MORE books. I'm a proud displayer of books.
          Strangely, I don't have any books in my actual bedroom, unless I'm reading the book from my book bag, but that book goes back in the bag so I can take it with me to school.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...