Friday, May 13, 2011

For the Love of Reading

Found this at Squiddo...Feel free to answers these questions below or on your own blog.



What have you just read?
I just finished Dead Is Not An Option by Marlene Perez.

What are you reading now?
I'm still working on Loving Frank and will always be reading Vanity Fair, but at least I'm farther along on both of them. Vanity Fair is sooooo uninteresting that I'm having a hard time and I know how Loving Frank is going to end and am not ready to be that sad, and, reading it has made me melancholy. I've picked up another book (S)mythology by Jeremy Tarr and illustrated by Katy Smail. I won it on GoodReads and will definitely have it finished before finishing these other two, as it is nonsensical like Alice in Wonderland, which I love.

Do you have any idea what you'll read when you're done with that?
I'll review a book from NetGalley (on Sunday) and start reading the book that was sent to me to review for Free Press; review due on the 24th...which is also my birthday!

What's the worst thing you were ever forced to read?
Ironically *smirk* it's still The Sound and the Fury...I will never finish it, but here's the thing WHEN I finish (and, I'm only finishing it because I am in a group and feel compelled by this fact) Vanity Fair, I think it may surpass The Sound and Fury...WOW!

What's one book you always recommend to just about anyone?
Here lately it's been Cinderella Ate My Daughter, as I have been in the mood to talk people about raising my daughter and want feedback.

Admit it, sadly the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don't they?
The librarian at the high school does...hello! Some librarians in the town library do, not all of them.

Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don't like it at all?
People seem scared by Ayn Rand...although I love her books, especially The Fountainhead.

Do you read books while you eat?
Loads.

While you bathe?
Everytime. There is nothing better in the world than a bubble bath, some candles and a good book.

While you watch movies or tv?
Yes, during the commericals ALWAYS...and, during movies my husband picks as they are "man" movies.

While you listen to music?
Yes. Rarely is it quiet while I read.

While you're on the computer?
Yes, and this is a new thing for me. I read most of my answer to #1 on my computer.

When you were little did other children tease you about your reading habits?
Yes, mostly because I was reading books like Great Expectations and Watership Down in 4th Grade.

What's the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn't put it down?
Last night. I am really liking that (S)mythology book...and, it fills my head with wonderful visions, while I dream.

Have any books made you cry?
Yes, I don't want to talk about it...as it will make me cry.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...