Sunday, June 12, 2011

The last week in a nutshell


One] Home Town Nazareth Where Jesus Was A Kid was the theme for Vacation Bible School. My friend Kate and I had a lot of fun hanging out with a bunch of 3rd and 4th graders. It's nice because they're about 1/2 our height, they are intimated by us just because, they laugh at our corny jokes and love playing outside and learning about Jesus as a kiddo. Dinner with them was loads of fun and getting to know them was even more fun.

Two] Last night we hung out at La Mexican Kitchen, not my favorite restaurant in the world even if they do have margaritas for a $1.50. Kay was smart enough to reserve their banquet room and we just ate and let the kiddos run wild. Up there I'm reading "Sally the Seahorse" to Miss Lila.

Three] Summer School started and, as usual, it's been rewarding but tiring (never do VBS, have an almost 2 year old and start Summer School all in the same week, boy, oh boy!). The students know that summer is their last chance to get credit and they are always so fun to talk to and teach. Summer school always revives me and after the year I've had it's nice to hang out with them in shorts, in air conditioning, without worrying about test scores, without contact from 'helicopter parents' and administrators lurking about handing out demerits.

Four] I found an awesome blog on Wordpress (and started following it...yes, I've a Wordpress blog, no it is not active)...seriously, read it now you will not be disappointed. Anyway, it's called Rosiesays and is about everything wonderful and feminine and feminist and on point and irreverent. It is my new obsession!

5 comments:

  1. We did VBS last week too (ours was Pandamania: Where God is Wild About You! Yes, corny but fun. I think I would have liked the one your church did.) One word: Exhausted. Seriously, I teach two year olds for a living so driving an hour after work to run around with second graders for a week really pushed my endurance levels. But, I had a blast and it was completely worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Emily from Rosie Says. I just wanted to thank you for linking to the blog. I'm so glad you're reading and enjoying! I am a huge book nerd too, and I love your challenges! I'm only at 15 books in 2011... I need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sioban, we were talking about how much fun the pandas might be! we did have a blast and 2 year-olds and 2nd graders would be a blast! :P

    Emily, seriously you're blog makes my day! What books have you read? always looking for more to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fab week! That picture of you & your daughter is lovely - all of your attention is focussed on her and what she is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thanks so much Tiny Library! :D We love reading, even in a sea of people and craziness!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...