Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Word of the Week: Argot and Weekly 100 Words


Here are my 100 words from The Art of Seducing A Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper p29:

" Nick freaking Thatcher was sitting at my kitchen table while my mother served him chamomile tea and a piece of her special apple cake. My favorite apple cake.
 “Oh, my God! Is nothing sacred?” I howled.
 Faced with my mental tormentor, the interrupter of sleep, and his head-clouding scent, I’d expected to feel awkward and bashful again. But mostly, I felt anger. Sweet, clarifying anger. Who the hell did he think he was, waltzing into my valley, with his stupid feet under my table, eating my freaking cake?
 His feet did look awfully big, I noticed, biting my lip...."

This meme is hosted by Ruthi at Ruthi Reads!  The object is simple:  share exactly 100 words from the book you are currently reading, and no spoilers!  Be sure to include your book's title, author, and page number in your post.  Head over to Ruthi's site and add your link to your book!  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...