Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Word of the Week: Hoosegow and Weekly 100 Words


Here are my 100 words from Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins p6:

     "...arched, ears flattened, stands the ugliest tomcat in the world. 'Buttercup,' I say. Thousands of people are dead, but he has survived and even looks well fed. On what? He can get in and out of the house through a window we always left ajar in the pantry. He must have been eating field mice. I refuse to consider the alternative. I squat down and extend a hand. “Come here, boy.”
     Not likely. He’s angry at his abandonment. Besides, I’m not offering food, and my ability to provide scraps has always been my main redeeming quality to him."
This meme is hosted by Ruthi at Ruthi Reads!  The object is simple:  share exactly 100 words from the book you are currently reading, and no spoilers!  Be sure to include your book's title, author, and page number in your post.  Head over to Ruthi's site and add your link to your book!  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...