Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Word of the Week Innocous and Weekly 100 Words



Here are my 100 words from Wither by Lauren DeStefano p14:

     "'This is in the orange grove. My father owned acres of them. Here in Florida."'Florida. My heart sinks. I'm in Florida, on the bottom of the East Coast, more miles from home than I can count. I miss my ivy-silhouetted house. I miss the distant commuter trains. How will I ever find my way back to them? 'They're lovely,' I say of the oranges. Because it's true, they are lovely. Things seem to thrive in this place. I would never have suspected that the vibrant girl standing beside her horse in the grove could be dying now. 'Aren't they?'"
This meme is hosted by Ruthi at Ruthi Reads!  The object is simple:  share exactly 100 words from the book you are currently reading, and no spoilers!  Be sure to include your book's title, author, and page number in your post.  Head over to Ruthi's site and add your link to your book!  Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. WoW! Stephanie, you never cease to amaze me with both your word offerings and your book excerpts!

    That quote from Samuel Beckett is too, too true!

    And you've really captured my attention for Wither in this 100 words! I'll be sure to investigate the book further.

    Thank you for blog hopping along with me in the WoW 100!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...