Monday, October 17, 2011

50 Books in a Year: Book #43 Final Friends Book Two: The Dance

Yes, I'm sticking
with the old covers!
Here are somethings I noticed/remembered/liked/disliked about Book Two: The Dance (the link is to Goodreads).

From the back
For Jessica Hart and Michael Olsen, the homecoming dance will end just like the party--in horror. The murderer will walk through another wall.

Let's see...
Noticed
1] Again this book isn't really about the murder as it is about getting to know the characters more and then there's this horrible accident.
2] Bubba is not a good best friend.
3] Parts of the book are a little racist...hmm...

Remembered
1] That Clark wasn't the killer, so the ending of this book *spoiler* where he finds his yearbook and figures out where he goes to school didn't really surprise me, I also don't remember being surprised the first time around, which tells me that I knew Clark wasn't the killer then.
2] Jessica and Michael almost kiss/kiss, however you want to look at it.
3] The girls in this book series are really weak...all of them.

Liked
1] Michael, always have always will
2] Strangely, that these books really aren't very suspenseful. I like the fact that we get to know all of these characters BEFORE something bad happens...we like the characters more.
3] All the sub plots that in some way tie in to the murder of Alice.

Disliked
1] Jessica...how could I have ever thought of her as a role-model...this realization has made me kind of sad.
2] *spoiler* there's a girl that has sex, gets pregnant and her male counterpart pays for her abortion...this whole subplot seems to be taken pretty lightly and it seems that she is sadder that people find out than she is about the whole experience itself, I would have liked this portrayed a little more realistically and, frankly, more in-depth or not at all.
3] The accident and how I couldn't remember how it happened or how Maria acted so harshly

Book Three soon to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...