Thursday, October 20, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (Vacation)

         From Booking Through Thursday:

Do your reading habits change when you’re on vacation? Do you read more? Do you indulge in lighter, fluffier books than you usually read? Do you save up special books so you’ll be able to spend real vacation time with them? Or do you just read the same old stuff, vacation or not?

     I look forward to being on vacation as it allows me time to read books. Not so much by waiting in the airport like I used to pre-kidlet, but while I'm actually on vacation. It's great to wake up early for reading, take a nap later in the day, or read while my mother/sister/friend is hanging out with the kiddo. There's always so much more time to read while on vacation. My reading on vacation really does vary, on one vacation I brought only Madame Bovary, I knew that I wanted to read it and also knew I wouldn't finish it if I had other distractions. I read it every free moment, there's a lot of down time taking a vacation overseas. Last Spring Break I read Jane Eyre and The Help. And, over the summer I read about 20 or so books from all genres and reading levels. Vacations are made for relaxing, hanging with family and friends and READING!




Feel free to share your answers below, on the original post (above), on FB or on your own blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...