Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Word of the Week: Impervious and Weekly 100 Words



Here are my 100 words from Watermelon Man by Herman Raucher p66:

     “Jeff was shouting for all the world to hear. Only he wasn’t just shouting, he was singing at the top of his lungs. ‘Rinso-White! Rinso-White! Happy little wash-day schmuck!’
    ‘Jeff, the neighbors!’
    ‘The neighbors! The neighbors’ll shit when they see me!’ he screamed out the window again. ‘There goes the neighborhood, folks! There it goes, Johnson! Hey, Hennessy! Hey, McAdams-sell! Sell before land values plummet!’
    ‘Jeff--‘
    He pulled free of her and ran into the hallway. ‘I’m black! I’m black! I’m blaaaaaaaaaack!’ Althea raced out after him just as he came racing back in. ‘Yeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaaaghhhh! I’m blaaaaaaaack!’
    Althea ran…”
This meme is hosted by Ruthi at Ruthi Reads!  The object is simple:  share exactly 100 words from the book you are currently reading, and no spoilers!  Be sure to include your book's title, author, and page number in your post.  Head over to Ruthi's site and add your link to your book!  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...