Saturday, November 12, 2011

50 Books in a Year: Book #48 Cowboys and Aliens

So, I bought Cowboys and Aliens because I need to read a graphic novel for Geek Girls and didn't want to start the Sandman graphic novels by Neil Gaiman, they sound more like a summer project to me...

I was not disappointed in this story, but it isn't my favorite one out there....first of all...it's pretty darned short, I mean I read it in about 30 minutes, that short. I'm not sure who the target audience is, but surely graphic novel readers, myself aside, were unhappy that this book didn't take very long to read.

I do like the story though even if it is the usual Us vs. Them with a little romance. I like the melding of 1800s Wild West and the new frontier. When we all band together the United States can kick butt no matter what time period. I'm pretty sure I'll like the movie loads more (if the graphics are as fun as they were in the book), it's gotta be longer than 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...