Thursday, December 29, 2011

Crushes I've Had On Male Characters from Songs...

I was out blog surfing one day and come across this fun little post (Crushes I've Had On Female Characters from Songs) and thought I'd give you my own list of male characters that have made me swoon...now, mind you some of these characters I started crushing on when I was a kid, so be prepared for a crazy ride. After reading through my list, I can see why I never dated in high school.


The Dan Fogelberg from “Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg
Why: He's a sentimental kind of guy who, even after becoming famous, still pines for the one that got away.
Clincher Lyric: “Just for a moment I was back in school/And felt that old familiar pain/And as I turned to make my way back home/the now turned into rain." I love a good bit of nostalgia and this is definitely it.
Why It Wouldn’t Work Out: He's already deeply in love with someone else, obviously, and one day she will leave that architect and where will I be?
Daniel from “Daniel" by Elton John
Why: He's a war hero who is probably misunderstood. 
Clincher Lyric: “Daniel, you're a star in the face of the sky". If a brother can look up to someone that much, he must be some kind of awesome.
Why It Wouldn’t Work Out: War heroes have BIG scars and this war hero got injured to boot, not sure he'd really be thinking of me at all, besides he's in Spain.
Jesse from “Jesse's Girl" by Rick Springfield
Why: He's attractive, but humble. He's sincere, yet self-deprecating. He listens. He's unlike every other boy. 
Clincher Lyric: “Jesse is a friend/Yeah, I know he's been a good friend of mine." Geez, even guys like him.
Why It Wouldn’t Work Out: Um, he's taken, by someone pretty awesome, it would seem.

The spoon playing man from “Spoonman" by Soundgarden
Why: He's a Gen-Xer who loves everyone and everything and is probably good with his hands, which means he probably gives great massages...and, builds things.
Clincher Lyric: “Feel the rhythm with your hands". I also feel that Spoonman can sing and is quite talented at all things right-brained.
Why It Wouldn’t Work Out: He's a Gen-Xer who plays spoons for a living...spoons for Pete's sake.
The young quarterback from “All Kinds of Time" by Fountains of Wayne
Why: He is a jock who thinks. Sigh.
Clincher Lyric: “He thinks of his mother/He thinks of his bride-to-be/He thinks of his father/His two younger brothers/Gathered around the widescreen TV.
Why It Wouldn’t Work Out: He actually plays sports, I can barely sit through a whole sporting event...unless it's baseball.

Not quite my type...
Sue, Bad Leroy Brown, any guy from an Eminem song                                               They fight way too much, go to prison, get their children taken away and still come out swinging...not cool.
Any guy from a Beyonce song                                                                                Either they're crazy possessive, too mushy and in my business or jerks.      

Who are your song crushes?                                                                                                

2 comments:

  1. I was just listening to Rick Springfield Jessies Girl yesterday on the way home. Brought back memories. Everyone wanted to be Jessies girl, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...