Monday, June 18, 2012

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 20

Last year I found this book challenge (since then I have seen many variations of it, but I like this one best!), and have been intrigued about how I would answer the questions posed. Feel free to comment with your own answer or post the challenge to your own blog.

Favorite Kiss
My first book kiss happened...in this book...it is my favorite...if you read the excerpt you can see why...I mean I think I read this book when I was 11...that's a pretty hot kiss for an 11 year-old!

Slumber Party Christopher Pike
    "You're right. But you're a cute case."
    "Really? No."
    "Yes."
    They were debating life and death, forces beyond the physical universe, and she forgot it all when he told her she was cute. "You're cute, too," she said.
    He laughed, "Don't you think I know that?"
    She moved closer, careful not to light herself on fire, feeling suddenly brave. "No laughs, I'm serious."
    For all his class, his confidence, he seemed touched. He tossed the flare aside. "I'm going to kiss you." He put his hands on her shoulders and leaned forward. Lara closed her eyes, tilted her head back, and waited. And waited, feeling like Scarlett O'Hara. She ventured a look. Percy was worried.
    "I'm not going to stop you," she said.
    Poor boy, his conscience was getting in the way. "You're still in high school," he said nervously.
    "Do I look like I'm in high school?"
    "Not really."
    "Then forget that I am. I'm eighteen!" Actually she was seventeen. "The law won't come after you."
    "That's not what I was thinking! I just want you to know that I'm not the type of guy who tries to take advantage of the situation."
    "Percy, it is ten degrees below zero. You're not going to take off my clothes, and I very much doubt that you want me to undress you. You can't take advantage of this situation."
    He laughed. "This is a side of you that I haven't seen before."
    Lara laughed, too. "I haven't seen it before either."
    He kissed her. His nose was cold, his lips warm. She felt good in his arms, as if she wanted to stay there a long, long time. Hadn't a poet said that talk of death was the most potent aphrodisiac? She had never done it before, had always thought girls who did it on the spur of the moment without protection were fools. Yet she suddenly found herself wishing that it was a warm summer night with thick beds of grass behind the trees. He slipped his arms inside her coat at the back picking her up slightly. His mouth tasted like carrot cake. She loved carrot cake. She leaned into him at the waist. He slipped and landed on his back. She went along for the ride, bursting into giggles.
    "What happened?"
Here's a lovely review of the book from Grown-Up YA.

Day 01 – A book series you wish had gone on longer OR a book series you wish would just freaking end already (or both!)
Day 02 – A book or series you wish more people were reading and talking about
Day 03 – The best book you've read in the last 12 months
Day 04 – Your favorite book or series ever
Day 05 – A book or series you hate
Day 06 – Favorite book of your favorite series
Day 07 – Least favorite plot device employed by way too many books you actually enjoyed otherwise
Day 08 – A book everyone should read at least once
Day 09 – Best scene ever
Day 10 – A book you thought you wouldn't like but ended up loving

Day 11– A book that disappointed you
Day 12 – A book or series of books you’ve read more than five times
Day 13 – Favorite childhood book OR current favorite YA book (or both!)
Day 14 – Favorite character in a book
Day 15 – Your “comfort” book
Day 16 – Favorite poem or collection of poetry
Day 17 – Favorite story or collection of stories (short stories, novellas, novelettes, etc.)
Day 18 – Favorite beginning scene in a book 

Day 19 – Favorite book cover (bonus points for posting an image!)
Day 20 – Favorite kiss

Day 21 – Favorite romantic/sexual relationship (including asexual romantic relationships)
Day 22 – Favorite non-sexual relationship (including asexual romantic relationships)
Day 23 – Most annoying character ever
Day 24 – Best quote from a novel
Day 25 – Any five books from your “to be read” stack
Day 26 – OMG WTF? OR most irritating/awful/annoying book ending
Day 27 – If a book contains ______, you will always read it (and a book or books that contain it)!
Day 28 – First favorite book or series obsession
Day 29 – Saddest character death OR best/most satisfying character death (or both!)
Day 30 – What book are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...