Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Mighty Girl

I cannot tell a lie, having a kid is a heck of a lot of fun.
I cannot tell a lie, having a little girl is pretty awesome.

I've spent a lot of time on this blog talking about just how much I think about this little girl (who is at the moment singing the theme song to "SuperWhy" and simultaneously talking asking me about the pictures of Washington DC on my t-shirt) and who she will become and how I can help her get there without hindering who she is. I've talked about...

Working and having a tiny person
Trusting God with my kiddo
Travel Reads
and
Female Literary characters that I want to have a positive role-model for her

And, while raising a girl means I embrace the pink and the lilac and the frill, it also means that I don't want to be devoured by it, nor do I want to lose her in it. I reach out to who and whatever I can to help me find the balance. I read books about raising kids and raising girls and having teenage daughters and I look for the balance of Princessness (it's a word). Somebody on Geek Girls posted this link to the most wonderful site for raising girls ever! There's books and movies and ideas for presents and princess books and, well, it's amazing.

Click here to be taken to awesomeness...You can follow them on Pinterest too!

1 comment:

  1. Girls are special, read my post about taking a 12 year old to a Beatles Concert. I didn't write it but I thought it was worth posting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...