Monday, August 20, 2012

What students want in a teacher...

I've been trying to find more purposeful ways to connect with my students and I found this idea on Pinterest. I can tell that the question is geared towards Elementary or Middle School, but I think that it works really well at high school (telling them to be appropriate and such, of course). Here are the answers that I received:

a challenge
a helper
awesome-sauce-ness
Answers from my honors students...
caring
consistent
doesn’t smoke pot
empathetic
encouraging
fashionable
fun
give and take
gives reasons for deadlines
good handwriting…please!
happy
has good puns
humour
inspiring
instruction
kind
kindness
knowledge and/or wisdom
nice
not exacting
respect
rewards
smart
to have a good time
understanding

I've also put these up in my classroom, so we can look at them all year. I like how a lot of these work for the question: "What kind of student do I want?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...