Friday, November 2, 2012

Sophomore English PLC does NaNoWriMo Film at 11


My former student and friend, Courtney turned me on to the deliciousness of National Novel Writing Month last year. It was after November and I didn't feel any pressure when I talked about how fun it would be to do such a thing.

Enter this year.

My English teacher friends and I were talking about stories we used to write and nerdy writer's groups we used to be in and I showed them the NaNoWriMo website. The challenge seemed too exciting to ignore. We decided to join and to challenge each other to write more...to write like we did in College and High School...to get back to the roots of ourselves (school and other commitments can can get in the way). We're doing NaNoWriMo all month. That's however many pages 1666 words is everyday for 30 days. Pretty intense, but the fact that we're on the journey is pretty exciting, and the fact that we're doing it together fills my heart with delight.

I don't really plan on finishing...is that a bad thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...