Sunday, January 27, 2013

30 Days of Truth: Something You Hope You Will Never Have to Do

I found this meme here and here.

Six: Something You Hope You Never Have to Do

I hope I never have to out live my welcome here on this great Earth.

As I get older and things begin to not function properly, I don't want to be one of those people holding on for dear life who has signed something that has said that you can never pull the plug. I don't want to being lying in a hospital bed surrounded by loved ones who, I know, have better things to do than to watch me die. I don't want to watch me die. I was reading an article (I think it was in Time magazine) about the fact that people are living longer than they used to because they just won't let go of living. They want to spend their life-savings on tubes and machines that prolong their lives; they don't really care about the quality of living just that they are there...breathing.

I don't want to be that kind of person. I want to age graceful (I think I'm doing an OK job of that) and I want to die gracefully and not afraid of what is beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...