Friday, February 1, 2013

A Challenge for February


A few weeks ago I asked to review the book One Month to Love: 30 Days to Grow and Deepen Your Closest Relationships. I figured February would be a great month to work on becoming closer to my family and other loved ones that are meaningful and essential to my life and I can tell you this isn't something I can do on my own.

I was a little leery of the book, thinking that it would be a little hokey or, like those diet books that guarantee results, a little too big on the hype and too focused at the results at the end of a certain amount of days. I am glad that it is not. I am glad that it seems approachable and contradicts those books that want to be quick fixes.

The book is divided up into 4 week segments:

  •  The Art of Being Free 
  •  The Art of Acting Intentionally 
  •  The Art of Risking Awkwardness 
  •  The Art of Letting Go

The authors of the book want you to approach the book as a challenge.
"Just read a chapter each day....At the end of each chapter you'll find the Lasting Love Relationship Challenge, which is designed to help you take the insights from that day and apply them to your key relationships."
They even have a website where you can log on and monitor your own progress. I look forward to delving into this easy to understand and purposeful book as I grow deeper into my relationships with those that matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...