Monday, June 10, 2013

My Take on The Trilogy Meter

So, I saw the original Trilogy Meter on FB and decided to create my own. This guy beat me to it and even has a template so EVERYONE can do it! My Trilogy Meter is below. Below the meter are some explanations if you are so inclined.

Of Note
  1. Dan Meth, owner of the original, understands that some of the trilogies on the meter went way longer than 3 movies, but none of them were supposed to do so.
  2. My meter, like all the meters before it, is based solely on enjoyment factor. My initial enjoyment factor and my enjoyment in relation to the movies in its given trilogy. It is in no way a science...at. all.
  3. In keeping with the comments at ATOMIC DONKEY, my Star Trek trilogy is The Wrath of Khan, The Search for Spock and The Voyage Home.



Star Wars If I were going to put all six in order it would be: The Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope, Return of the Jedi, Attack of the Clones, Phantom Menace, Revenge of the Sith.

Indiana Jones All four in order...Raider's of the Lost Ark, The Last Crusade, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, every episode of Young Indy and then The Temple of Doom.

The Matrix...why yes, no matter how cool, a fight scene CAN be too long...the first one still blows my mind.

Star Trek All 12 in order...here we go! Search for Spock, Wrath of Khan, Insurrection, First Contact, Into Darkness, Star Trek, Generations, Voyage Home, The Final Frontier, The Motion Picture, Nemesis, The Undiscovered Country (of course, ask me tomorrow and I may change my mind!).

Superman I, II, Superman Returns, The Quest for Peace, III...I'm looking forward to the new one. Although, I guess I'm one of a handful of people who liked Brandon Routh and what they did with that film. Actually I love that film.

Jurassic Park I, III, The Lost World and then Godzilla with Matthew Broderick, oh wait, that wasn't part of this series...oops. I am looking forward to IV.

X-Men X-Men, First Class, Wolverine (mostly because of Ryan Reynolds), every animated movie and I don't even want to put Last Stand on here, but, well, it's last. Looking forward to the next movie as I love, love, love the X-Men.

Spiderman Pretty much in order...haven't seen the latest one, as even Topher Grace couldn't help me over that last one, let's not even call them by name. Um, the most perfect kiss in the first one was ruined in the end. Ugh.

LoTR In order...that last one was so long. I'm loving The Hobbit and I thank the Heavens that I've read the book again and am ready for the next 2 1/2 hr. roller coaster ride.

Mad Max I love this trilogy and I created my uncle for that. What is this...dystopic? post-apocalyptic? Whatever it is...it's a wild ride for sure! And, where is that Mel Gibson, can we have him back please?

Jaws When you make a perfect first movie, it's so hard to match it, and, well Jaws is so darned perfect.

Back to the Future "Nobody calls me chicken!"...fun the first time, not so fun by the end. I love, love, love the first movie. We saw it in the theatre.

Die Hard Love the first two, love Live Free or Die Hard...I think that means there are a couple in there that I do not love, love, but I still take them over many action movies nowadays.

Blade One of the few comic book movies that I knew nothing about going in. Love the first one, and I can watch the third one over and over...probably because of Ryan Reynolds. Hey, it isn't a problem if you admit it.

Planet of the Apes The latest one was pretty scary and the first one blew my mind...so I can watch all others.

Godfather I love it when Comedy Central plays these movies in timeline order. I love one and two together (they're like the book then)...what happened to three? Um, could it be the ending? Probably.

Rocky Um, three and four kind of killed me, or maybe they kill me now and a long time ago I liked them...there is that scene in the snow in the 4th one and the last one Rocky Balboa was kind of bittersweet.

Terminator Love them all, will watch them all in the theatre...well, as long as they keep making them.

Rambo Wow, Sly Stallone can really kick some butt, except for in that last one that felt like an Arnie movie...something that would have been just fine, had it been an Arnie movie...alas and anon.

Batman I assume this meter is for the 80s/90s Batman movies as the original Trilogy meter came out in 2009. Although I like the Christian Bale Batman best, a lot can be said for the campy Batman of my youth. Batmans in order: Christian Bale, Michael Keaton, Adam West, George Clooney and Val Kilmer...am I missing one? Chris O'Donnell as Robin...yes, please! Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the next Batman...or as Robin or whatever...yes, please!

Alien We won't talk about those Alien versus...movies...instead let's focus on how much the first two scared the heck right out of me and alien movies have been trying to do that ever since.




Thanks for geeking out with me. Feel free to link your Trilogy Meter below. I'd love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...