Thursday, April 16, 2015

N: The 90s

I love the 90s. I miss the 90s. I feel lucky because I got to be in and graduate from high school and college in the 90s. I like reading about the 90s being compared to the Roaring 20s. They do have a lot in common including feminism, a heady time for music and literature and they were both decades that were wonderful followed by decades that were really quite the opposite of that. I could go into more detail, but I'd rather spend the rest of this post talking about my favorite pop culture references from each year of the decade. Feel free to add yours in the comments.


1990
Favorite Song: "Ice, Ice Baby"...Vanilla Ice
Favorite Movie: "Pretty Woman" (sadly, I didn't watch "Dances with Wolves" until college)
Favorite TV Show: "Beverly Hills: 90210"

1991
Favorite Song: "Black or White"...Michael Jackson
Favorite Movie: "Backdraft" (please don't think my mother allowed me to watch this...)
Favorite TV Show: "Step by Step"

1992
Favorite Song: "The End of the Road"...Boyz II Men
Favorite Movie: "A Few Good Men"
Favorite TV Show: "X-Men" cartoon

1993
Favorite Song: "I Will Always Love You"
Favorite Movie: "Sleepless in Seattle"
Favorite TV Show: "The X-Files" (seriously.)

1994
Favorite Song: "Linger"...The Cranberries
Favorite Movie: "Four Weddings and a Funeral"
Favorite TV Show: "Friends"

1995
Favorite Song: "You Ought to Know"...Alanis Morrissette
Favorite Movie: "Home for the Holidays"
Favorite TV Show: "Sliders"

1996
Favorite Song: "Don't Go Away"...Oasis
Favorite Movie: The English Patient
Favorite TV Show: "Early Edition"

1997
Favorite Song: "If God Will Send His Angels"...U2
Favorite Movie: "Titanic"
Favorite TV Show: "Ally McBeal"

1998
Favorite Song: "Torn"...Natalie Imbruglia
Favorite Movie: "Armageddon"
Favorite TV Show: "Charmed"...although, I like "Felicity" way, way, way more now.

1999
Favorite Song: "Road Trippin'"...Red Hot Chili Peppers
Favorite Movie: "The Matrix"
Favorite TV Show: "Law and Order: SVU"

Boy, it was fun putting together this list...sweet, sweet, nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...